Online High School Credit Courses
Looking for an easier way to graduate high school? Many students are now choosing online high school courses as a more convenient alternative.
Online classes allow you to set your schedule, work at your own pace, and complete all necessary coursework from home. If you’re interested in pursuing an online education but aren’t sure where to start, look no further!
If you’re looking to expand your English skills, an online high school English course is a great place to start! Improve your grammar and spelling, learn new vocabulary words, and brush up on existing composition and creative writing skills. Learn about the different parts of speech like nouns and verbs and how to create complete and well-structured sentences.
- English 1 (1 Credit)
- English 1 Honors (1 Credit)
- English 2 (1 Credit)
- English 2 Honors (1 Credit)
- English 3 (1 Credit)
- English 3 Honors (1 Credit)
- English 4 (1 Credit)
- English 4 Honors (1 Credit)
High school math courses are essential for anyone looking to pursue a college degree in the future. Online high school math classes will allow you to learn your way, at your own pace, while still receiving Credit towards graduation.
- Mathematics For College Readiness (1 Credit)
- Algebra 1 Honors (1 Credit)
- Algebra 2 Honors (1 Credit)
- Algebra I (1 Credit)
- Algebra II (1 Credit)
- Advanced Placement Calculus AB (1 Credit)
- Pre-Calculus (1 Credit)
- Pre-Calculus Honors (1.0 Credit)
- Geometry (1 Credit)
- Geometry Honors (1 Credit)
Enroll in a biology course to prepare yourself for the challenges of college. You will learn about everything from ecosystems and adaptation to DNA replication and inheritance.
- Biology 1 (1 Credit)
- Biology 1 Honors (1 Credit)
- Advanced Placement Biology (1 Credit)
- Anatomy and Physiology Honors (1 Credit)
- Orientation To Nursing (1 Credit)
Whether you’re interested in a career as a nurse, med tech, pharmacist, or paramedic, a strong foundation in chemistry is critical. Online high school chemistry courses will teach you about everything from chemical equations and stoichiometry to the properties of acids and bases.
Interested in working in the field of engineering or science? Then you’ll need a solid understanding of physics. Physics courses are available to high school students looking to build a solid foundation in everything from particle motion to energy transfer and force. An online high school physics class teaches about equilibrium, motion, waves, electricity, optics, and chemical reactions.
Business courses are essential if you are looking to pursue a career in business or management. Online high school courses provide students with the tools they need to succeed in today’s competitive job market.
- Entrepreneurship: Starting Your Business (1 Credit)
- Introduction to Business (1 Credit)
- Marketing Essentials (1 Credit)
- Marketing Management (1 Credit)
- Sports & Entertainment Marketing (1 Credit)
- Economics with Financial Literacy (.5 Credit)
- Economics with Financial Literacy Honors (.5 Credit)
- Advanced Placement Macroeconomics (.5 Credit)
- Advanced Placement Microeconomics (.5 Credit)
Learn the basics of a second language and reinforce previous knowledge with an online high school Spanish course. Expand your vocabulary and sharpen your pronunciation skills while mastering the fundamentals.
Continue to develop your language skills with a French high school course. Learn about the different parts of speech as well as sentence structure and verb conjugation.
Whether you’re interested in a career as a historian, archivist, or curator, a solid understanding of history is essential. An online high school history class will teach you about the past, from ancient civilizations to modern-day events. You’ll be able to explore topics such as world civilizations, the arts and science, immigration and migration, war and peace, and more.
- Art History and Criticism 1 Honors (1 Credit)
- United States History (1 Credit)
- United States History Honors (1 Credit)
- World History (1 Credit)
- World History Honors (1 Credit)
Computers are an essential part of everyday life. An online high school computer class will teach you the skills you need to succeed in today’s digital world. You can learn about things like data management, coding, and troubleshooting, all from the comfort of your own home.
- Introduction to C++ Programming (1 Credit)
- Introduction to Computers (1 Credit)
- Introduction to Programming Using Scratch
- Web Design with Dreamweaver (1 Credit)
- Digital Storytelling
- Computer Applications (1 Credit)
- Digital Citizenship
- Digital Photography 1 (1 Credit)
Other Online Classes for Credit
- Astronomy: Exploring the Universe (1 Credit)
- Cosmetology: Cutting Edge Styles (.5 Credit)
- Criminal Justice Operations (1 Credit)
- Culinary Arts (1 Credit)
- Fashion & Interior Design (0.5 Credit)
- Gothic Literature: Monster Stories (1 Credit)
- Health (.5 Credit)
- Health Opportunities Through Physical Education (HOPE) (1 Credit)
- Hospitality In Travel & Tourism
- Law & Order: Introduction To Legal Studies (1 Credit)
- Music Appreciation: The Enjoyment Of Listening (1 Credit)
- Peer Counseling (1 Credit)
- Personal Fitness
- Personal Fitness (.5 Credit)
- Psychology I (.5 Credit)
- Public Speaking (1 Credit)
- Sociology (.5 Credit)
- Theatre, Cinema And Film Production (1 Credit)
- Zoology (1 Credit)
- Veterinary Science: The Care Of Animals (1 Credit)
- Anatomy And Physiology Honors (1 Credit)
- Anthropology I: Uncovering Human Mysteries (1 Credit)
Why Take an Online High School Course?
- Convenience – Online high school courses can be accessed at any time. Some students may only have the opportunity to complete schoolwork after-hours or on weekends due to their busy schedules. An online class gives them the flexibility they need to work around their day jobs and family obligations while still earning Credit towards their degree.
- Cost – An online high school course gives students the freedom to earn their high school diploma at a fraction of the cost of attending a traditional school. Many online courses offer affordable tuition rates making it easier for students and families to pay bills, save, and invest in themselves.
- Learning Styles – An online class allows students to learn how they want by providing a variety of formats, tools, and opportunities. Instead of listening to a teacher in class, students can read and watch in their own time and at their own pace.
- Diversity – The online education industry is not just made up of traditional classrooms anymore. It’s increasingly becoming a platform where global educators, professionals, and students connect over shared interests. An online class allows individuals the opportunity to meet people from all walks of life.
- Flexibility – Many online high school courses are designed so that students can work according to their schedules. Students who struggle with time management or organization may prefer to take an online course because they can start when they are ready, take breaks whenever necessary, and stop when it’s time to move on.
- Immersive Learning – Instead of limiting your learning to books, lectures, or homework assignments, an online high school class gives you the freedom to explore topics in-depth through discussion boards, real-world projects (like video game design), and active learning projects.
Choosing an Online High School Course
- Identify your goals – Why are you taking an online high school course? What is it about the subject matter that interests you? Answering these questions will give you a better understanding of what you hope to learn. This should help narrow down your choices when selecting an online high school course.
- Choose a subject you are passionate about – Again, the choice is yours. If you’re not sure which topic to pursue, consider taking a few online courses related to each other. This way, once you’ve finished one class, you will better understand how it fits into your education.
- Self-discipline – Like traditional high school courses, an online course requires much discipline and motivation. If you find it challenging to keep yourself on track throughout the day, an online class might not be for you. When choosing an online high school course, consider whether or not you have the self-discipline required to meet deadlines and remain focused on your coursework.
How Can I Get High School Credits Fast?
Online high school courses give you more flexibility so that you can enjoy a variety of classes. With Distance Learning, you can learn online and work at your own pace. Best of all, schools offer flexible scheduling to make it easy to balance your studies with other commitments. Enroll through accredited schools and earn a high school diploma from anywhere globally that has Internet access.
As far as getting the credits, there are a few options:
Option 1: Study on your own and take an online exam. You can earn high school credit by taking and passing exams without attending class or receiving instruction from a teacher/school. The majority of our partners offer College Board® PSAT, SAT, and AP Exams.
Option 2: Study on your own via self-paced courses. Self-paced classes are available through our partners with no exams involved; complete the coursework at your own pace online.
Option 3: Enroll in an online high school program that offers both self-paced and instructor-guided classes. The most common way to earn high school credit is through an online school offering instructor-led and self-paced courses. With this combination, you will be able to take advantage of learning at your own pace with the structure and support of a class with a teacher/school.
If you have any questions or concerns about how you can earn high school credit fast, contact us. We’re happy to answer all your questions and help you along the way.
Why Take High School of America’s Courses for Credit?
High School America has been in business for over 20 years. Our mission is to help students achieve their potential by preparing them for college and other post-secondary opportunities.
We offer a wide range of online programs that are customized to meet your unique needs. Our courses are offered at an affordable price, with an average cost of $299 per college credit. We understand the importance of saving for other goals, and we don’t want to make education a financial burden, so we work hard to make our courses affordable.
We also offer flexible payment plans and other financing options. We want you to pay for your courses within your budget; therefore, we offer several ways to ensure that you can afford to complete your coursework.
Our courses are affordable, flexible, and available 24 hours a day so that you can work on them whenever convenient for you.
Take your high school courses online in the comfort of your own home or anywhere you have internet access!