One of the greatest things about online schooling is that it is flexible. This means that you can manage your days differently than in a traditional setting. Here is an example of what a typical day could look like for a standard online high school student.
- 7:00 am:Time to wake up!
- Brush teeth, take a shower, get dressed, eat breakfast
- 8:30 am: Start morning classes!
- Mondays and Wednesdays: German
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: Health
- Fridays: Math
- These morning sessions involve either a live or recorded class session withassignments at the end of the lesson.
- 11:30 am: Lunch Time!
- o Due to a flexible schedule, you can make this time shorter or longer depending on the needs of the student and his or her family. There is ample time to eat as well as do some leisure activity as desired.
- 12:30 pm: Finish up with afternoon classes!!
- Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays: Chemistry with Labs
- Tuesday and Thursdays: Art
- 3:30 pm: Extracurriculars!
- It is important to set some time aside to ensure online students don’t miss out on the benefits of socialization with others. Students can use this time for sports, music lessons, dance, acting, or more.
- 6:30 pm: Dinner is served!
- Time to eat an evening meal with the family. After this, students can finish up any assignments, take a shower, brush their teeth, work on any hobbies or projects, and head to bed for the night.
This is just one example of what a particular semester may look like for an average online high school student. Keeping and maintaining some sort of schedule will help you or your child build a routine, but enrolling in online classes also allows you the flexibility to change that routine when needed.