Do Most Colleges Accept Online High School Diploma?
Almost all colleges and universities in the United States accept an accredited online high school diploma. An online high school accreditation is an indication of the school’s legitimacy and compliance with education guidelines. Typically, regionally accredited online high schools are more widely accepted compared to nationally accredited ones. Therefore, it would be prudent to enroll in an online high school that is regionally accredited.
Do colleges accept online high school diplomas? It is worth noting that without regional accreditation, colleges and universities may not approve of your diploma. They might feel it is not legitimate. Some might even need the student to take additional courses to prove their credibility by seating for a standardized test. That is why it is important to stay safe from non accredited online high school or diploma mills.
What Is a Diploma Mill?
A diploma or degree mill is an organization that provides fake or meritless diplomas or academic degrees to make a profit. Mills does not require any serious academic achievement or years of study. Certain countries consider having and carrying such a degree as illegal.
Diploma mills can be in several forms. They might differ from fully-fledged diploma production lines to small-scale internet traders. Diploma mills reduce the effectiveness of real degrees. This concerns educational institutions, students, and parents. The worst scenario is where you possibly compete with people who have bought the same degrees. At times, employers might end up hiring candidates with an unlawfully obtained degree.
How Do You Identify a Diploma Mill?
As an employer, college, or university and require genuine diploma certificates, you need to be alert in observing a red flag when it comes to sorting out the genuine online high school diplomas. You should keep in mind various factors while distinguishing accredited online high schools from diploma mills:
- In a diploma mill, the address is a post office box, a suite number or a mail drop
- The phone number indicated in the diploma mill’s website puts you through to a call center, an auto answering machine or a mobile phone
- You might get a sample copy of the degree on the website
- The education that you are given is based on life experience, and the programs are mostly offered through online learning
- It might be indicated on the website that the institute is accredited. All the accrediting agencies might belong to an individual state in the US. In that case, Wyoming and Montana are the most popular ones in this context.
Consider the above points as indicators of fake diploma certificates. Keep away from these institutions since getting enrolled in these diploma mills leads to sheer waste of time and energy.
Resources and References: