Accredited High School for Homeschool
Obtaining a high school diploma is a significant concern for parents who opt to homeschool their teens. High school programs are very hard, and there are many specific requirements that learners must meet so as to acquire a high school diploma. Parents usually wonder whether they can offer this kind of learning and maintain the two languages, calculus, and algebra that are necessary for every student in order to graduate. Selecting a virtual high school is the only sure way of meeting all these requirements as well as receiving a high school diploma.
An accredited online homeschool high school offers all the advantages of homeschooling like reduced peer pressure and increased safety while providing learners with a curriculum. Additionally, learners can get answers to their questions and assist with homework that parents cannot provide to them. The current educational requirements for high school graduation are more strict compared to the way they were in the past years. Getting additional support from a virtual high school can make a great difference in parents who want to continue homeschooling their teenagers through the most challenging part of their studies.
Obtaining a high school diploma from an accredited online high school has many benefits since a learner can complete it at his or her own pace. A student can obtain his or her diploma in a few years in a homeschool setting and without the temptations and detractions of going to a traditional school. Notably, this enables the learner to start obtaining college credits as well as completing their college degrees earlier hence providing the learner with an edge in beginning his or her career. Today, it is beneficial to take utilize each possible advantage since there is a lot of competition.
For a good number of parents presently, homeschool is the only worthwhile choice and having the capability to acquire a certified diploma makes such an option easier to makes. The globe is becoming more complex each time, and being in a position of keeping children in an environment that is safer and more controlled till they are equipped to deal with complex situations better is a soothing thought. Making sure that your learners attend an accredited online high school is the best way of keeping them in a controlled and safer environment as they obtain the kind of learning they require so as to compete in their future life.
Who Can Attend an Online High School?
There are many reasons why parents and learners can consider virtual learning. Due to the personalized educational opportunities, virtual schools can serve learners from diverse populations, which traditional learning settings cannot serve on a one-to-one basis. Irrespective of the unique situation, extracurricular activities, or learning abilities of the learner might be, virtual learning enables learners from all backgrounds to prosper academically.
1. Homeschooled Learners
Learners in a homeschool setting may require extra educational help or might face challenges in the event parents can’t teach because of work and other responsibilities. Virtual high schools provide a learning option that can assist in keeping learners studying at home as they receive instruction from trained and qualifies teachers and instructors.
2. Bullied Learners
More than 30 million learners are bullied across the country. For learners facing challenging or uncomfortable educational environments in brick-and-mortar schools, virtual education can provide an alternative – a choice that enables students to concentrate on their studies – not being harassed or injured.
3. Talented and Gifted Learners
Advanced students might require a highly accelerated and personalized curriculum that positions and challenges them to exploit their learning potential. Virtual schools provide them with an avenue to unlock those capabilities.
4. Learners with Health Complications
For learners with chronic medical complications or disabilities, attending traditional schools might be difficult or impossible. Virtual learning offers the benefit of a flexible educational experience, which may be tailored around medical needs or appointments.
What are the best online homeschooling programs?
If you are looking for homeschooling programs, it is important to understand that “programs” are really just a collection of resources that help you teach your children. There certainly are specific curriculum packages available but what works best for one family may not work at all for another. The following suggestions have been created with the intent of helping parents find the best possible programs for their families.
The following is a list of considerations that should help narrow down your search:
- Type of Curriculum – Consider whether you want to work with a structured program, or if you prefer more hands-on learning? How much time do you have for homeschooling each day? Are you looking for a mix of both? Do you teach all your children together, or do you prefer to use different instruction methods for each child?
- Cost – How much are you willing and able to spend on your homeschooling? Some programs have expensive textbooks that last several years, while others offer resources that can be found online at no cost. Other programs charge monthly subscription fees based on the number of students in your family. There is certainly a wide range available which should enable every parent to find something affordable.
- Time Commitment – Is there just one adult available in the home who will need to handle all instruction, teaching science, math and foreign language to multiple aged children? Or, does the entire household work together? Is there a dedicated homeschooling space available, or are you using the kitchen table and all available floor space?
- Learning Style – Do your children learn best through lecture, by listening, reading or do they need hands-on activities to grasp new concepts? Does learning in groups of kids work better for them, or does each child need to be given individual attention? Are some subjects easier than others for your children to learn in this fashion?
- Parent Involvement – How much time can you devote to teaching your children yourself vs. allowing them to have more opportunity to teach themselves with online resources at home and on their own schedule? What type of parent involvement is important for you; including: virtual classroom interaction with other homeschooling families, assistance with lesson plans or general phone support?
- Homeschool Credentials – Do you want your children to be able to earn college credit for their online courses, or are you happy to have them challenge themselves and build competency in their areas of interest? Do you plan to send your children off to a traditional school at some point during their education, or do you want them to be self-sufficient by developing transferable skills that should ensure success no matter where they choose to continue their studies?
With these considerations in mind, you will be able to choose the best online homeschool programs available today. It is important to remember that our educational system is always evolving so there is every possibility not included here or in the future. While just about every subject can be found taught online, this list is based on those that are currently available and especially those with support for multiple age groups.
Obtain Your Online Homeschooling High School Diploma Now!
High School of America is best for virtual homeschooling. We offer a virtual homeschooling program that is accredited regionally and entails engaging learning materials that are associated with Common Core State Standards in Math and English.
This is one reason why homeschooling online at the High School of America makes sense to students. Homeschooling online with High School of America is made for your learner to thrive. Continue reading to learn more!
High School of America’s Online Homeschooling Program Gets It Right
- Access textbooks online from any location through collaborative eBooks.
- Optional companion printed textbooks with each course available for an extra fee.
- Our K-12 program is regionally accredited by SACS CASI.
- Our instruction team works together with every learner and guardian or parent to offer excellent academic help.
- Learners study at their own personal pace and during their own study routine.
- Live educator-instructed lessons are provided to learners who are interested in assisting them in learning.
State-Certified Instructors Assure Each Learner’s Success
- During registration, your teen is allocated a learning advocate who is always there to offer guidance and advice, address individual concerns, and answer questions.
- State-certified educators in every course frequently interact with learners through discussion forums, email, and live chat.
- Parents — and learners — are motivated to talk to academic advisors and teachers by phone or online through email.
Parents Are Closely Involved in the Education of their Students
Parents and guardians are encouraged to engage with their learners regularly. Just the way learners maintain individual confidential student portals where that usually access course materials, lessons, interact with academic advisors and teachers, and track grades, parents might access them also.
High School of America is Accredited Affordable, and Flexible
- Pick our high school diploma or individual courses.
- Competitively priced monthly tuition lets you begin right away with a small deposit. We make it easy to get your learner started in the High School of America online homeschool program.
As a parent, you know what is best for your teen. We know that you will realize that the High School of America homeschool program offers the best academics for your teenager. For more details, contact us today!
Resources and References: